La Mariposa, a personal empowerment program for adolescent Latinas ages 12-18, will teach valuable skills that will:
- Help girls develop healthy relationships with themselves, others and their community
- Provide girls with compassionate and culturally sensitive facilitators to share success stories and to listen to them
- Provide girls with an understanding of the value and importance of education in the development of their aspirations
- Develop personal empowerment abilities
- Reinforce a sense of pride and connection with Latina culture
By engaging girls in twelve interactive workshop sessions, where facilitators teach personal empowerment skills (JARS – Journaling, Affirmations, Personal Rules and Setting Goals), girls will learn about the power within and the ways in which they can lead the direction of their lives. All workshops are facilitated in a relational, strengths-based, trauma informed and culturally competent manner.
Your donation will help us expand our reach to serve girls across the country wherever we are needed. In addition, your contribution will help us:
- provide ongoing support to providers
- continuously evaluate and improve our services
- provide workshop supplies when needed
Make a one time or recurring donation today. To support our mission make an annual monetary contribution as suggested below. In addition, we will add your name to our website and literature, including our annual report as a supporter of our program. Be sure to ask your employer if they have a matching gift option, as your donation may be doubled! Your contribution is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
To set up your recurring payment by check or credit card, click here. Mail your checks to “Together For Latinas, Inc.” P.O. Box 713 Shelton, CT 06484 or click the donate button to make your donation now.